Calendar

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Important: Schedule for rest of Term 3

I have just attended a meeting with the other J1 Physics teachers. I have lots of bad news for you. This is what you need to know: (This information should also be repeated in the lectures)

You many MANY quizzes coming up. There is at least 3 different kind of quizzes, and I can't keep track myself of what each quiz is called. This is what I need you to do:

1) Complete your Superposition tutorial. Like NOW. I know you don't understand what's going on in lecture, but try to do what you can. Your tutorial with your new teacher will go VERY FAST. Here is why, there will be a H2 Physics Quiz in Week 8 (next next week). The topics covered in that quiz will be Oscillations, Waves and Superposition.

2) Here is another reason why you must do your superposition tutorial now. I have uploaded your Current of Electricity E-Learning package on KM, and you are expected to download the package and do the Current of Electricity Tutorial ON YOUR OWN (self-learning; while the tutorial lessons are still going through Superposition). That is why you should do your superposition NOW, so that you can do your CoE tutorial by next week (16 questions). The CoE tutorial WILL BE COLLECTED next week. It has already been decided by the Physics dept: if you do not complete your CoE tutorial by next Friday, you will be made to STAY BACK after National Day Celebration on Friday.]

3) Complete your Waves assignment if you have not already, and hand them in to your new tutor, if possible during your first tutorial itself (Physics reps, please help to co-ordinate). This is important, as the waves assignment will be the only piece of evidence your new tutor has on whether or not you're doing your work when it comes to the PTM.

There's more work and more quizzes coming up in week 8-10, so you really need to start doing these stuff NOW so that you won't be in really deep trouble down in a few weeks time.

I will write out a schedule for your new tutor to follow. I will post up the schedule here when I have completed it as well. Try your best to follow the pace of tutorials and to keep up with the work. I know its alot, but the Physics dept seems to believe that by giving you more work you will perform better for promos. Whether or not that's true, you don't have a choice. I will be trying my best to help the weaker students during pre-consolidations.

Good luck to you all. Will update more soon.

No comments: