I have decided to go paperless and upload everything on my blog. This is to serve two purposes: save trees, and also because I think it is easier to organize things in soft-copy. My waves tutorial for advanced learners is already up, and soon I will post up the enrichment tasks.
Also, do remember to bring your Bond & Hughes to Physics tutorial when we're going through the advanced questions.
To all regular learners:
I realized that I have not explained myself very clearly regarding what my procedures are in class. Here is another attempt:
First thing you need to do is check my blog regularly to know what I expect you to do by the next tutorial. I will also give a brief description of what I hope to accomplish during that tutorial on my blog.
To me, making your own notes is the most important part of your studying. (For a more complete explanation on why I feel so, read here). Doing the tutorial questions is not as important as making your own notes. Which is why I insist that you always make your own notes first then attempt the questions. I will be posting guidelines on making your own notes on this blog so that you won't feel like you don't know what to do. Use your own words as much as possible when making your own notes. This is not to test your English, but if you just copy the concepts do not pass through your brain and you do not learn as well. Forcing yourself to use your own words is to force yourself to think about the concepts, and this is when you learn. If you are lazy to do this, then the whole purpose of making your own notes has failed.
I don't always expect all of you to be able to complete what I have assigned you to do. That's fine. I understand you all are busy people, and sometimes we just forget things. If you have not done the work assigned to you, you will use the Physics period to do what you were assigned to do (make your own notes or tutorial questions), and hopefully you can catch up with the rest by the next lesson, or the lesson itself. However, if you forgot to bring your stuff, then there is nothing productive I can do with you. You can either redo what you've been assigned to do on the spot, or you can just sit in one corner and do your own thing. If the same individuals have been consistently not doing their work or not bringing their stuff or show signs of being unable to catch up, I will have to then sit down with these individuals to discuss alternative ways to help them with their Physics.
All in all, I want to emphasize that I will not treat you like children. That means I will not scold, punish or embarrass you if you have not done your work, if you did not bring your work, or if you are unable to do your work. Doing so does not help me to teach, nor does it help you to learn. Therefore, I need you to be very honest with me, and tell me if you are unable to do certain questions, unable to understand certain concepts, or if you just plain forgot to do something. If you are unable to do assignments or tutorials, DO NOT COPY. It is important for me to know how much you are able or unable to do so that I can help you.
If you are doubtful over certain procedures or the rationale behind certain things that I do, please come and talk to me. You know how to contact me.
Also, do remember to bring your Bond & Hughes to Physics tutorial when we're going through the advanced questions.
To all regular learners:
I realized that I have not explained myself very clearly regarding what my procedures are in class. Here is another attempt:
First thing you need to do is check my blog regularly to know what I expect you to do by the next tutorial. I will also give a brief description of what I hope to accomplish during that tutorial on my blog.
To me, making your own notes is the most important part of your studying. (For a more complete explanation on why I feel so, read here). Doing the tutorial questions is not as important as making your own notes. Which is why I insist that you always make your own notes first then attempt the questions. I will be posting guidelines on making your own notes on this blog so that you won't feel like you don't know what to do. Use your own words as much as possible when making your own notes. This is not to test your English, but if you just copy the concepts do not pass through your brain and you do not learn as well. Forcing yourself to use your own words is to force yourself to think about the concepts, and this is when you learn. If you are lazy to do this, then the whole purpose of making your own notes has failed.
I don't always expect all of you to be able to complete what I have assigned you to do. That's fine. I understand you all are busy people, and sometimes we just forget things. If you have not done the work assigned to you, you will use the Physics period to do what you were assigned to do (make your own notes or tutorial questions), and hopefully you can catch up with the rest by the next lesson, or the lesson itself. However, if you forgot to bring your stuff, then there is nothing productive I can do with you. You can either redo what you've been assigned to do on the spot, or you can just sit in one corner and do your own thing. If the same individuals have been consistently not doing their work or not bringing their stuff or show signs of being unable to catch up, I will have to then sit down with these individuals to discuss alternative ways to help them with their Physics.
All in all, I want to emphasize that I will not treat you like children. That means I will not scold, punish or embarrass you if you have not done your work, if you did not bring your work, or if you are unable to do your work. Doing so does not help me to teach, nor does it help you to learn. Therefore, I need you to be very honest with me, and tell me if you are unable to do certain questions, unable to understand certain concepts, or if you just plain forgot to do something. If you are unable to do assignments or tutorials, DO NOT COPY. It is important for me to know how much you are able or unable to do so that I can help you.
If you are doubtful over certain procedures or the rationale behind certain things that I do, please come and talk to me. You know how to contact me.
No comments:
Post a Comment